As 'Moth Magic' returns, so do our familiar visitors and the battle to save our valuable clothes, upholstery and textiles during the autumn months begins. That’s why this September, we’ve reintroduced our best-selling scent, Patchouli and Cedarwood, AKA ‘Moth Magic’, to help save your beloved items from moth devastation.
Our all-natural blend of essential oils can protect your valuables during the cooler seasons, whilst filling your home with notes of our customer-favourite woody-citrus aroma.
The Science Behind the Scent:
When it comes to our scents, we’ve done our research. Our winning blend of Patchouli, Red Cedar, Amyris, Palmarosa and MayChang combines oils which for centuries have been hailed for their aromatic qualities and their natural ability to deter insects. Although this smell may fill your home with delightful earthy notes, its lasting aromas are repellent to the moth community.
The best form of defence against moths is prevention. Moths hate to be disturbed, so it's important to make sure they never get too comfortable!
- Empty all wardrobes and drawers and vacuum thoroughly inside and around the outside (pay special attention to cracks and crevices!)
- Once you’ve hoovered, spray draws and wardrobes liberally with our Moth Magic solution. The residual scent of our natural moth-repelling essential oils will deter any unwelcome visitors from setting up camp!
- Moths are often attracted to dark corners behind furniture. Regularly spray around the base of furniture and along skirting boards to help prevent carpet moths this autumn!
Check out our latest TikTok for Moth prevention tips:
@purdyandfigg Moth Magic… returning soon 👀 If you see moths flying around your room and night, you most likely have moths munching at your autumnal knitwear. Their larvae feed off your clothes, carpets and rugs! Use these tips to remove them and prevent them from returning 😊 #mothinfestation #mothprevention #moth #moths #mothproblems #homehack #hometips #lifetips #wardrobedeclutter #wardrobeclearout #wardrobecleaning #cleantok #hometok ♬ original sound - Purdy & Figg | Cleaning Hacks
If prevention is no longer an option and you suspect that moths may have infested your winter wardrobe; don't worry, we're here to offer a solution.
- If you notice moth holes in your knitwear, vacuum pack your woollens in zip lock bags and place them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. This will kill any remaining larvae and prevent them from munching on your clothes.
- Give your knitwear a wash on a wool setting to get rid of any remaining larvae before you put back in your drawers and wardrobes.
- As a preventative, store your clothes in the vacuum-pack bags in your drawers - not only will this keep moths out of your clothes, but it can free up space in your drawers!
As the days grow shorter and the cool weather sets in, now is the perfect time to strike! Defend your home and valuables against moth infestation by purchasing a bottle of our best-selling Moth Magic now!